When was the last time I baked this Japanese Cheesecake? That was in 2008, 4 years ago! >.< This time round I halved the original recipe and yield a 7" round cake :) I can't help but admiring my own cake hahaha. It looks so perfectly flawless on top without any cracks! Oh the cake is so light & tasty that me and my 2 kids gobbled down 3/4 of the cake!
Recipe adapted from The Lil Teochew*
Ingredient (7" round cake)
- 125gm cream cheese
- 25gm butter
- 50ml fresh milk
- 30gm plain flour
- 10gm corn flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 70gm caster sugar
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk in a bowl over a pot of water.
- Cool the mixture.
- Beat in egg yolks and lemon juice. Fold in flour and mix well. Strain mixture.
- Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg white foam into cream cheese mixture. Pour into lined baking pan.
- Bake in a water bath for 60 mins or until set or golden brown at 160 deg cel.
Note : Read Lil Teochew tips on baking this cake, is very very informative and useful!!