Saturday, August 25, 2012

Growing Fresh Mushroom

What is this? A super huge homegrown oyster mushroom! :) This is the latest craze of growing mushroom at home >.< I bought 2 logs of Oyster Mushroom and 1 log of Black Fungus. We were told that each log can grow between 3-4 cycles. But with my not so green fingers, mine does not grow very well compared to others whom have tried this mushroom growing experiment. Anyway I've taken some pictures on the growth of the mushroom, happy viewing ! :)


The one and only fresh oyster mushroom I've harvested and cooked!




Baked Oyster Mushroom on Toast with Truffle Oil
Creations by Peng's Kitchen
Ingredient
  • 1 slice wholemeal bread
  • 2 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • some fresh oyster mushroom, shredded
  • some grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • salt & pepper
  • truffle oil

Method
  1. Roll bread flat with a rolling pin.
  2. Spread over tomato sauce evenly.
  3. Sprinkle over some cheddar cheese.
  4. Arrange oyster mushroom over the cheese. Sprinkle minced garlic and drizzle some olive oil over. Add salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle over some parsley.
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 10-15mins until golden brown.
  6. Remove from oven and drizzle over truffle oil. Serve immediately!





Unopened Fresh Mushroom Logs :)
Ready for the growing process!! Spray the log a few times daily...


Suppose to grown by confine method but realise the buds started to appear inside the wrapper! So I removed the plastic wrapper and expose the whole log, back to open method...




Unsuccessful for Oyster Mushroom Log #2, I've dumped it into the bin after 10 days since its first harvest which did not grow very well :(


Oyster Mushroom Log 2 still looking very bald at Day 4!




The Black Fungus as at today, it is still growing quite smoothly :)


Can you see some purplish patch on the log? sign of growth


My son commented this looks so ugly!! Asking me not to cook this >.<"


not so bad looking after it has bloomed properly :)



8 comments:

Sweetday said...

Totally love the idea of growing your own mushrooms to eat!

Unknown said...

Like to see those 'baby' grows. Thanks for sharing.

PH said...

This sure brings back lots of memories of my university days. I did a research on oyster mushrooms. Everytime I had a harvest, I would give them to my friends and they always look forwards to it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, can I know where you bought the logs from? I'm also in Singapore. Thanks a lot.

Esther@thefussfreechef said...

Yes, this seems to be the latest craze amongst bloggers - growing your own mushroom! must be quite exciting.

Mindee said...

Where can i buy yhe logs from?

Peng said...

Mindee...I got them from a online BP, u can contact this lady poppletots@gmail.com, not sure when is the next BP. ;)

Angelic Heart~ said...

lovely mushroom! This is fun to grow mushroom at home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails