What is this cute little cake? hehehe is actually a mini fritatta in disguised >.< A very protein rich 'muffins' which almost uses a whole carton of fresh eggs! So I refrained myself by eating only 2 hehehe, hubby also ate 2, the rest all gobble down my by 2 kids :)
- 1 heaping cup finely diced ham
- 2/3 cup finely grated low-fat cheese (I use cheddar & mozzarella mix)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 stalk spring onions, chopped
- 10 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- In the bottom of the the baking cups layer the ham, cheese, green pepper, and green onions, dividing each equally among the 12 silicon baking cups.
- Break eggs into a bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout, then beat eggs and paprika powder with a fork until they are well combined. Pour eggs over the other ingredients until the muffin cups are nearly full, but not quite reaching the top. (I pour some egg in each cup, let it settle, and then pour more until the cup is nearly full.) Take a small fork and gently "stir" to distribute the ingredients in the egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 25-30 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set and starting to brown slightly.
- Egg muffins will keep well in the refrigerator for at least a week. (I did not keep that long as finish within 2 days!)