Ingredients for Chicken Stock
Recipe adapted from Periplus 'Classic Essential Soup'
Ingredient (yield 1.5L stock)
- 1.5kg chicken bones
- 2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3L water
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaves, flat leaf parsely & thyme)
- 12 black peppercorns
- Place chicken bones & onions in a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 50mins until well browned.
- Transfer baked bones & onions into a stock pot. Add in water and rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered for 3 hours. Cool down slightly.
- Strain stock through a fine sieve and discard solids. Chill in fridge overnight and remove any fats that has set on the top before using.