^-* think this is the only sweet bakes I did for June holidays! too occupied with kids when they are on school holidays and also blamed the scorching weather >.< no mood to stay in the kitchen for long, rather spend more time lazying and playing with my kids...
While preparing this scones, I also need to fast hand fast leg mix up the batter, roll them up, cut them up and quickly pop them in the oven, worrying that these delicate scones will melt in my hands hahaha...
Wonderful fluffy scones which my boy cannot stop asking for more!! Taste heavenly with dollop of butter spread & my homemade strawberry jam!!
Freshly baked Scone served with Butter & Homemade Strawberry Jam!
Recipe adapted from Good Food Magazine May 2011
- 350gm self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85gm cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 150gm plain yoghurt
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- Put flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add in butter and rub the mixture with fingers tips until like breadcrumbs texture. Stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Warm yoghurt, milk and vanilla essence in microwave for 1 min. Pour into the flour mixture and stir with spatula to combine the mixture into a soft dough.
- Lightly dust hands and fold the dough a few times to create a smoothing dough. Do not over handle the dough.
- Press out the dough into 4cm thick and stamp out rounds using a 7cm round cutter.
- Brush top with egg glaze and bake in preheated oven at 220 deg cel for 15 mins until golden brown. Serve warm with butter & jam...