Bake a small butter cake to satisfy my cravings :D I miss my marble cake therefore modified slightly by adding another layer of green tea flavour :D
Recipe adapted from Old-Fashioned Marble Cake
Ingredient (4" round cake)
- 125gm unsalted butter
- 90gm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder + 1.5 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp green powder + 1 tbsp hot water
- Line the base of a 4" round cake pan.
- Place butter & sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat at low speed till butter & sugar is evenly combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 5mins or until mixture is pale & fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1 to 2 mins in between each addition. The batter will be light & fluffy.
- Combine condensed milk, water & essence together. With a balloon wire whisk, fold in half of the sifted flour and milk mixture. Fold in remaining flour & milk. Do not beat or stir the mixture. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions (approx 125gm each).
- Fold in cocoa mixture into 1 portion and green tea mixture into another portion. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon plain batter into the cake pan. Spoon in cocoa batter and spread evenly follow by green tea batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 40-45 mins or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. (Note : Cover cake surface with a foil at the last 10mins to prevent over browning.
- Cool the cake in tin for 10mins before running a knife around the edge and turning it out to cool completely on a wire rack.