I always prefer Linguine compare to Spaghetti as I personally feel that it has more 'bite' :D Hubby commented am too generous over the olive oil but I find it just nice :D :D oh yah I used chinese sausage instead of bacon and it taste equally awesome!! slurp slurp slurp....
Linguine with Oil & Garlic Sauce aka Aglio Olio
I use chinese sausage instead of bacon! yummy!!
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 250gm Linguine
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 small dried chilli peppers, soften & diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 chinese sausage, casing removed and diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta accordingly to package, drain slightly.
- About 5mins before the pasta is cooked, heat olive oil in a pan. Add chinese sausage and fry for 1 min. Add garlic and dried chilli peppers and fry till garlic is lightly brown.
- Add in drained pasta in the pan and mix evenly. Add in parsley and season to taste. Serve.
Recipe modified from Periplus Cookbooks