Recipe adapted from '超人气面包简单做'
- 135gm bread flour
- 15gm wholewheat flour
- 3gm instant yeast
- 3gm salt
- 54gm water
- 45gm plain yogurt
- 100gm chopped mixed nuts, toasted (I used pistachio, almonds & macadamia)
- Combine flour, yeast & salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in water & yogurt. Stir lightly till a rough dough is formed. Transfer the dough to a clean working surface (I just knead the dough inside the mixing bowl), and knead till a smooth dough is formed, takes about 8mins.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover, proof for 40mins until double in bulk.
- Knead the dough lightly to remove gas, shape into round shape and rest for another 10mins, covered.
- Roll out dough into a 30cm x 15cm rectangular shape. Spread toasted nuts over, leaving 1cm at the edge. Roll up like a swiss roll and seal the edge tightly. Sealed side down, place dough on a baking sheet, rest for another 30mins, covered.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg cel and bake the bread for 20-25mins until golden brown.