Aren't these bagels look lovely?? :D :D So delighted with the results, chewy skin and soft texture.
Bagel Sandwich : spread with mashed avocado, layer with sliced tomato, honey baked ham & hard-boiled egg
Recipe adapted from ‘超人气面包简单做’ by 松本洋一 Matumoto Youiti
Ingredient (makes 3 bagels)
- 200gm high protein flour
- 3gm instant yeast
- 10gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 116gm water
- Combine high protein flour, yeast, sugar & salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour in water and mix into rough dough.
- Transfer dough onto a clean work surface and knead till dough is smooth (I took about 10mins).
- Place dough in a bowl and cover, let it proof for 50-60mins until double in size.
- Divide dough into 3 portions (approx 110gm each), and shaped into rounds. Cover and rest for another 10mins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough into 20cm long. Fold 1/3 from the top and bottom into the centre, fold in and sealed up tightly (refer to pictures clip below).
- Roll into a 23cm long rode shape and flatten one end flat. Coil up and seal up both ends. Cover and rest for another 30mins.
- Bring water and sugar to boil. Add in 1 bagel and boil for 30 secs, turn over and boil for another 15 secs. Remove and place on baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 2 bagels.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15mins until golden brown. Cool down completely before serving.