First try I think I've may overbeaten the meringue, second time temperature not right. Not sure by luck or whatever reasons, the third try finally with feets and easily remove from baking paper :D :D
Recipe adapted from Tartelette...
- 50gm egg whites (aged for 1-2 days)
- 25gm granulated sugar
- 90gm icing sugar
- 50gm ground almonds
- 5gm cocoa powder
- French Buttercream
- Grind almonds and icing sugar till fine. Sift together with cocoa powder.
- Beat egg whites on high speed till foamy. Add sugar gradually and beat till glossy and stiff peak form.
- Fold in almond mixture in batches until well blended.
- Transfer batter into piping bag and pipe on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (i rested them for 15-30mins or until skin 'dried')
- Baked at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 15-20mins.
- Remove from oven, cool down for 5mins and peel the cookies from parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Pipe a dollop of french buttercream on one side of the macaron, top with another shell, press down slightly. Chill slightly before serving.
I'm submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #17 – March Macaron Madness! (Mar 2012) hosted by Alan of Travellingfoodies