A Korean style fruit punch make with cinnamon, ginger & persimmon. First time try this beverage and is very refreshing when have it chilled!!
Recipe adapted from Good Food Magazine
Cinnamon & Persimmon Tea...as I soak the sliced persimmon in the tea overnight, it becomes thicker compared to when is freshly brewed. As cinnamon, ginger and persimmon is 'heaty' food, try not to consume this beverage when you are having sore throat or headaches as it may aggravate these conditions :D
- 25gm cinnamon sticks, washed
- 25gm ginger, skinned and thinly sliced
- 50gm brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 dried persimmons, washed and sliced into strips
- toasted pine nuts
- Fill a pot with 750ml water and add cinnamon sticks, bring to boil . Lower heat and simmer for 20mins. Strain and set aside.
- With the same pot, fill another 8o0ml water and add ginger, bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20mins. Strain liquid.
- Combine cinnamon and ginger liquids. Add in sugar & honey, bring to boil. Lower heat and stir till sugar dissolves. Set aside can cool down slightly.
- Place sliced persimmons into cooled tea and chill overnight. Garnish with pine nuts when serve.