Bought this spring chicken in wet market, buy 1 get 1 free! :D Therefore paid $6 for 2 chicks, expensive or not?? not sure 'cos this is the first time I buy this :P
The chicken looks really stuffed...hehehe managed to squeeze in all the ingredients!
- 1 spring chicken
- 150gm bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 14 small dried shitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger + 2 slice ginger
- 2 tbsp abalone sauce
- Soak dried mushroom in 1 cup water till softened. Retain liquid and slice mushroom (retained 4 unsliced) thinly.
- Place chicken in a casserole. Stuff bamboo shoots, mushroom and ginger into the chicken cavity.
- Dissolve abalone sauce in retained mushroom liquid. Pour over chicken. Add in 2 slice ginger and 4 mushroom at the side of the chicken.
- Steam over preheated steamer for 2 hours.