Recipe adapted from Y3K
- 90gm gula melaka, chopped for easier melting
- 100ml thick coconut milk + extra for kneading
- 30gm butter, soften
- 1 egg yolk
- 250gm tapioca flour, weight after frying*
* Dry fry tapicoca flour on low heat for 20mins with some pandan leaves and light and fluffy. Cool completely before storing. Rest the flour for at least 3 days before using.Method
- Melt gula melaka with coconut milk over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Strain mixture.
- Place butter and egg yolk in a mixing bowl and mix lightly till combined.
- Sift in tapioca flour and mix lightly using a wooden spoon. Add in gula melaka mixture and mixed till combine. Add in more coconut milk and knead till a dough form. Mixture should not be crumbly.
- Wrap dough in a clingwrap and rest for at least 30mins or longer.
- Remove dough from wrap and knead lightly again. Lightly flour a rolling surface and roll dough into a 1/2 cm thick. Stamp out cookie using a cookie cutter.
- Lighty sprinkle some tapioca flour onto baking sheet and place cut out cookie over. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20-25mins.