Think no one can resist this cute little cupcakes :P My son was waiting eagerly while I was spreading the frosting on these green tea cupcakes. "Mummy...ready or not?" Me : "No...I still need to take some pictures..", "Mummy....why so slow?...." >.< So happy when he finally got to savour a cupcake and told me NICE! Kids are kids...anything taste sweet they will say nice hahaha...but this green tea chocolate cupcakes indeed taste moist and nice lah. Though only a teaspoon of green tea powder is added into the batter, the flavour is good! Moreover is so simple to make, just dump everything into mixer and blend, within less than 30mins, a batch of freshly bake cupcakes is ready on the table :D
Recipe adapted from Kevin Chai's Beautiful Cupcakes
- 115gm unsalted butter
- 85gm sugar
- 115gm self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp green tea powder
- 50gm mini white chocolate chips
- 100gm melted white chocolates for frosting, optional
- Combine butter, sugar, self-raising flour and green tea powder into a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed till just combined. Turn on high speed and beat for 3mins till light & fluffy.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into cupcases, bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins.
- Cool completely and frost with melted white chocolate and decorate as desired.