Guess most of us are busy baking mooncakes now! but not me hehehe.....me dun really fancy mooncakes and furthermore most family members are diabetic and they trying to avoid sweet stuffs. But will find some time to make some agar agar mooncake!! Saw this recipe on Cathy's blog and can't wait to bake it as I love Earl Grey!! Lovely fragrant and moist pound cake :D :D
Recipe modified from Cathy's Joy & Lil Teochew
Ingredient (9" x 5" pan)
- 170gm butter
- 165gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 165gm plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Earl Grey Tea bags
- Preheat oven to 160 deg cel.
- With a mixer, cream butter. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add vanilla essence & eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients over creamed butter and fold in alternately with milk, starting with the flour & ending with the flour.
- Fold in the tea leaves & then pour into a greased & floured pan.
- Bake for about 40mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.