I've actually made this dough 2 days ago together with the mushroom pie I did yesterday :D This morning just chop chop chop prepare the fillings. I just used up what I've have after making the mushroom pie, like fresh mushroom and capsicum instead of using canned mushroom and mixed vegetable as stated in the recipe. This pie is really delicious! especially the buttery & flaky crust :D....
Recipe adapted from Baking Mum
Ingredient (makes 1 20cm pie & 2 medium muffin size pie)
- 200 gm butter, cubed & chilled
- 250 gm plain flour
- 100 gm plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Combine flour, sugar & salt in a mixing bowl. Add in cubed cold butter and knead with fingertips till crumbly.
- Add in yoghurt and egg yolk and mix to a dough. (I use a fork to stir to bind into dough). Dough will be very soft so need to keep it refrigerated for at least 30 mins. (I chilled it overnight)
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed & steamed
- 1 big onion diced
- 70gm mixed vegetable
- 100gm sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 chicken breast diced
- 1 tbsp corn starch or potato starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
- In a clean wok, heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry the onion until transparent. Add mixed vegetable, mushroom, chicken. Fry for a while to break up chicken. Add in potatoes. Add in ½ cup of water and cook for abt 5 mins. Add in salt, sugar and pepper. Add in the cornstarch and stir to thicken mixture. Set aside for later use.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of plastic (abt 250gm) to fit a 20cm tart mould. Poke hole on the base using a fork and place ingredients on top. Roll out another piece of dough to cover the top. Poke a few more times using fork on the cover of the pie and brush with 1 beaten egg.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30 mins until golden brown.