Pretty little melts-in-the-mouth cookies :D Suppose to roll the cookie in sugar before baking, but run out of sugar!! just enough sugar to bake this batch of cookies >o< Therefore I dust some icing sugar over the cookies after baking :D Should call them rainbow snow cookies instead :D :D
Notice the little black specks in the cookies?? they are natural vanilla seeds from the pure vanilla bean paste I've used :D
My newly bottle of Pure Vanilla Paste :D
- 120gm butter
- 40gm shortening
- 80gm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla paste
- 210gm plain flour
- 40gm custard powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp soy powder
- 50gm ground almond
- pink colouring
- orange colouring
- Sift flour, custard powder, baking powder, soy powder & almond powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening & sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla paste till combined.
- Fold in flour mixture in batches until a soft dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. Colour 1 portion with pink colour and 1 portion with orange colouring.
- Pinch 3 different coloured dough and shape into round. Toss it with sugar. Place in a paper cup.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20 mins.