Loves this little gems to core ! Always feel so happy whenever bake this, especially seeing the feets raising in the oven!!! As I've some balanced egg whites & pomelo tea jam buttercream left in fridge, therefore decided to try baking some yellow macarons :D This is the first time I used food colouring gel (Wilton brand) in the meringue and the result turn out very well after baking!
cute lil feet :D :D
Ingredient (makes approx 40 individual shells)
- 70gm egg whites
- 35gm granulated sugar
- 140gm icing sugar
- 80gm ground almonds
- few drops food colouring paste (do not use liquid colouring as it may affects the meringue consistency)
- Grind almonds and icing sugar till fine (see pics above). Sift the mixture to remove lumps.
- Beat egg whites on high speed till foamy. Add sugar gradually and beat till glossy and stiff peak form.
- Fold in almond mixture in batches until well blended.
- Transfer batter into piping bag and pipe on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Rest the shells for 30mins.
- Baked at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 10-12mins. (depends on the size of the macarons u have piped)
- Remove from oven, cool down for 5mins and peel the cookies from parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack.