Handmade Pizza Dough with homemade roasted tomato sauce, top with mozzarella & edam cheese, onions, bell pepper, mushroom & ham
Pizza Dough, by Jamie Oliver
Ingredient (recipe modifed to make 2 pc 28cm thin crust pizza)
- 200ml lukewarm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 32ogm bread flour
- Sprinkle sugar & yeast over water. Set aside for about 10mins till frothy.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in salt. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil into the well.
- Knead dough till smooth and springy for about 5mins.
- Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl. Cover with cling wrap. Proof for about 1 hr till double in size.
- Knock back dough and knead lightly. At this point of time can wrap the dough and chill the dough in fridge till use. Or
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough and place on a greased baking pan, pierced surface with a fork, spread with tomato sauce (see below for recipe), cheese & your favourite toppings and bake at 220 deg cel for 20-25 mins till the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 1kg ripen tomatoes, halves
- 2 spring rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Place tomatoes cut side up in a oven proof dish. Drizzle olive oil evenly over the tomatoes.
- Place rosemary leaves & garlic randomly over. Sprinkle sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 1hr. Cool.
- Remove rosemary stalk and process in blender till smooth.
- Chill in fridge for 2 wks or freeze for 1 month.
If no time to knead & proof dough..try this!! I think this instant pizza crust mix is the best, just add water and stir to form dough! no need to rest nor proof yet taste better than any other frozen pizza base! :D
I'm submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction hosted by Sweetylicious