ooooh...so delicate & soft!! almost like melts-in-the mouth :D I LOVE it!! :D Back to see my archives and I realised I've done 2 chiffon cake before! First pandan chiffon cake done in Apr 2008 and second one done in Mar 2010. Personally I prefer the present one I've baked today :D
- 125gm cake flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp pandan juice
- 125ml thick coconut milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 60ml corn oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pandan paste
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 120gm sugar
- Beat egg yolks with 50gm sugar till sugar is well dissolves. Whisk in pandan juice, coconut milk, corn oil, pandan paste and salt till evenly mix.
- Sift over cake flour & baking powder. Fold till mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat till stiff.
- Add 1/3 beaten egg whites to the yolk batter, fold till combined.
- Slowly fold the mixture into the remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into a non-greased 9" tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40mins or till golden brown.
- Remove the cake from oven and invert to cool completely before unmoulding.