Healthier homemade nuggets compare to store bought!! Definitely will keep this recipe forever :D After slicing into small pieces, my boy can't help and eaten a few slices before I even deep fried them! :D
Spread in pan, ready to put into steamer, I lined the pan using baking paper instead of plastic wrap as I'm afraid whether the cling wrap (recent 塑化剂 food contamination cases in Taiwan!!) will actually contaminate the food! Though I quite sure is safe in Singapore, but better to play safe :D
Coated with eggs & breadcrumbs....
Recipe modified from Alice's Blog
- 500g chicken breast, chopped till fine or process in a food processor
- 1 big carrot - peel & finely grated
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks - beaten (set aside the egg whites for coating later on)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tbsp sago flour / tapioca starch
- 100gm breadcrumbs (coarse Japanese type)
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 eggs - beaten, mix with the reserved egg whites
- Mix all ingredients til well incorporated, spread mixture over a lined 8" square pan.
- Steam on high heat for 15minutes. Cool completely.
- Cut into small rectangular. Slice each pieces horizontally to get a thinner nuggets.
- Dip each piece into beaten eggs, after that roll onto breadcrumbs till evenly coated.
- Keep in the freezer in the container for 30minutes. (Frozen nuggets can be stored till used)
- Deep fried till golden brown.