Finally used up the balance of my 200gm Hong Kong Flour!! credits to the event Aspiring Bakers #8, I've manage to try out different method of bread making like bake, fry & steam! Did you realise all my recent bread making are in swirls & rolls patterns?! ^-* This simple mantou is very easy to make, no hiccups in between. But is best to consume immediately while is still warm. Do not leave in room temperature as it will toughen up.
Recipe source : 包好吃 Chinese Buns Recipe Book
Ingredient (6 buns)
- 200gm Hong Kong Flour
- 5gm instant yeast
- 5gm baking powder
- 20gm sugar
- 80ml - 100ml water
- 1/4 tsp pandan paste
- Combine all ingredients except pandan paste into a mixing bowl. Knead the dough for 10mins till smooth. Divide into 2 portions.
- Add pandan paste to 1 of the plain dough and knead till colour is evenly blended.
- With a rolling pin, roll the plain & pandan dough into same rectangular shape.
- Place pandan dough on top of the plain dough. Roll up into a log.
- Cut into 6 equal portions. Cover with cling wrap and rest for 30mins.
- Steam over boiling water for 8mins. Serve warm.