I've made a couple of mistakes baking this cake! As I only want a small cake, so I 1/2 the original recipe. But I've jotted down wrongly on the amount of oil & baking powder >.<". In the end the cake is not as fudgy as it should be but the rich chocolaty taste is still wonderful and very moist!
Happy 37th Birthday To Me!! Counting down to the big 40s!! >.<"
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 125ml milk
- 60ml corn oil
- 125gm dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 125ml hot strong coffee
- 125gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 120gm sugar (I used 30gm substitute sugar, Splenda)
- 65gm cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the lemon juice with the milk and set aside for it to sour the milk.
- Place oil, chocolate and hot coffee in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and the mixture smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Mix the vanilla essence, egg and soured milk into the cooled chocolate mixture, combine thoroughly, and then whisk into the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into fully lined 6" cake pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 40mins . Cool for 15 minutes in the tin, then turn out and cool further on a wire rack.
- Glazing : Melt 60gm dark chocolate with 25gm butter, stir in 1 tbsp milk. Cool and pour over cake.