Moist loaf bread and very simple to bake! just stir & mix and sent to oven, loaf is ready in an hours time! I've reduced the sugar in the original recipe and baked the loaf at 160 deg cel instead of 180 deg cel as I'm using a dark-coloured pan :D
Recipe source : Joy of Baking
- 55gm toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 230gm plain flour
- 30gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150gm sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 85 gm dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 115gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 454gm ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into a lined 9" x 5" loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 75mins or until bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.