hmmm this steamed strawberry cake texture is good, firm and moist but strawberry flavour is very light. Have to take a huge bite then manage to taste the flavour....heee....
- 2 eggs
- 80gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 130gm strawberry puree
- 65gm corn oil
- 165gm plain flour
- 1 tsp double action baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 45gm dried cranberries
- Using a electric whisk, beat egg, sugar & salt on high speed for 8mins till thick & fluffy.
- Beat in strawberry puree until combined.
- Sift in plain flour, double action baking powder and baking soda, fold lightly. Fold in oil.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan and steam over boiling water for 40mins.