Not melt-in-mouth as Japanese Cheesecake, not as fluffy as normal sponge cake, texture almost like kuih kuih but yet not...me confuse also >.<...maybe I've got the steps wrong somewhere. The lemon juice should be added after mixing the cheese mixture with the beaten egg whites. But I act smart by adding during the process of beating the egg whites, resulting the egg whites not getting soft peak.
- 150ml milk
- 200gm cream cheese
- 60gm butter
- 60gm corn flour
- 60gm cake flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 120gm sugar
- 30gm lemon juice
- Double boil milk, cream cheese & butter until dissolve. Set aside & cool.
- Sift flour over cream cheese mixture and mix evenly. Stir in egg yolks.
- In a clean & dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites until light & fluffy. Add in sugar gradually and beat till soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 egg whites foam into #2, pour batter into balanced egg white foam and mix till fully combined. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan and steamed over boiling water for 50mins on low heat till cook.