Recipe adapted from No-Frills Recipes
Sweet Corn Custard
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 8 tbsp cream corn
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 70gm sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50gm cornflour + 1 cup water
- Mix all the above ingredients except for the cornflour mixture, cook under low heat, keep stirring.
- Taste for sweetness, then add in the cornflour mixture, cook till it thickens.
- Dish out, cool and keep refrigerated before use.
Recipe adapted from Good Food Mar 2011
- 140gm plain flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 200ml milk
- 100ml water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 25gm butter, melted
- Sift flour with salt into a medium bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Pour eggs into the middle and whisk at the same time.
- Whisk in milk & water and combine till the batter is smooth and lump free. Set aside for 30mins. Whisk in melted butter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Scoop about 2-3 tbsp spoon of batter into the pan and swirl it around. Cook the pancake for about 40 secs on one side until golden brown, flip the pancake over and cook the other side for a while until freckles.
- Slide the pancake out of the pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.