My boy has been coughing for almost over 3 weeks! After seeing 2 rounds of western doctor still not really recover, sigh....so back to traditional chinese medicine! manage to see some improvement after 3 course of chinese herbs, hopefully can fully recover after another 4 packets of herb! Coughing for so long also affecting his appetite therefore this few weeks no fanciful cooking from me. This dish is actually done 2 months ago but lazy to post it up!! I adore this dish which I intend to cook it again! :D
- 1/2 chicken, chop
- 250gm konnyaku bean paste (蒟蒻)
- 6 dried shitake mushroom, soften
- 1 spring onion
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp bean paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- cornstarch water
- Marinate chicken pieces with 1 tbsp dark soya sauce & 1 tbsp chinese wine.
- Slice konnyaku bean paste into 1cm thick. Blanch in boiling water for 1 min. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, add ginger, bean paste & chilli. Fry till fragrant. Add mushroom and fry for another min.
- Add in chicken and mix evenly and fry for 2 min. Add in water, chinese wine, sesame oil and soya sauce. Bring to boil. Simmer for 25mins till chicken is cooked through and liquid reduce. Add cornstarch water to thicken the gravy. Stir in spring onion.