I've made 2 versions of this Wholemeal Pancakes, one with add olive oil and the other with melted. The batter is quite thick that it is difficult to spread out evenly :(
- 150gm wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 100gm olive/ butter, melted
- 200gm salmon (optional : season lightly with salt & pepper)
- 100gm spinach
- 50gm pumpkin, cube
- 100gm tofu
- Mix the pancake ingredient together, stir well till smooth batter formed.
- Lightly greased a non-stick pan with olive oil, spoon some batter over and spread into round shape. Cook for 3 mins on each side until light brown. Remove and set aside. Repeat process.
- In the same pan, heat up some olive oil. Pan fry salmon until golden brown. Cool slightly and flake. Set aside. (you may also steam the salmon instead of pan fry)
- Steam tofu, spinach & pumpkin over a boiling steamer for 8mins. Cool slightly and place in a blender and process till thick.
- To serve : Spread spinach mixture over each wholemeal pancakes and top with flaked salmon.