Happy Valentine's Day !!
I loves the lavender fragrant of this cookies and is crunchy too!! not overpowering and sweetness is just right :D While I was grinding the flower buds, my boy hop into the kitchen and asked me what was that smell!! hahaha...but the soft dough is slightly difficult to handle, I've to put back the dough back to chill (I chill in freezer for 5 mins to speed up the process) several times to firm it up so that it is easier to cut out the shape. This recipe has been kept in my recipe record file for many years! Original recipe only ask for 2 cups of flour, but I find the dough too sticky so I've further added another 1/2 cup to it, and I added lemon zests instead of lemon essence as suggested.
- 1 tbsp lavender buds, grinded
- 250gm unsalted butter
- 120gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large lemon zests
- pinch of salt
- 320gm plain flour,sifted
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter, sugar, lavender, vanilla essence, lemon zests & salt until light & fluffy.
- Beat in flour in batches till combined. Cookie dough will be soft.
- Chill dough in fridge for 2 hrs until firm enough to handle.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface and cut out using a cookie cutter. Bake preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10-12mins until slightly golden brown at the edge.
- Cool completely before storing.