Final batch of cny cookies baking for me!! really tedious for this open tarts 'cos of the stamping, almost give up >0< took me over 1 hour just to cut out 75 cookies! so tired after baking & cleaning, could not wait for them to cool down I went to my bed cos is already 1.30am!! zzzzz......
Recipe source : Happy Home Baking
- 227gm butter
- 30gm icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 400g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk + some water for glazing
- With an electric mixer, on medium speed, cream butter & icing sugar till the mixture turns pale. Add in the vanilla essence and whisk to combine.
- Dribble in the egg yolks and continue to whisk the mixture till fully incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and salt into the mixture. Mix the mixture with your hand and gather to form a rough dough. Transfer to a work surface and lightly knead the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough becomes smooth.
- Wrap the dough with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for about 30mins.
- Meanwhile, roll ready-made pineapple jam into small balls 7 gm each.
- Remove dough from fridge. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 5~7mm thick.
- Cut out the dough with the tart mould and transfer to baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degC for 10 mins. Remove from oven, glaze with egg yolk and place pineapple paste on each tart base. To decorate, you can either top it with a tiny ball of dough or cut out thin strips of dough and lay over the top of the pineapple paste.
- Return to oven and continue to bake for another 10-12mins. Leave to cool on baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack. Let cool before storing in air-tight containers.