My 2nd experiment on Japanese flour and my cake surface is flat as pancake!!! hahaha did not form a dome as what my friend has did :P But then it did not affect the texture at all! is still light & fluffy..
- 4 eggs
- 80gm sugar
- 150gm Japanese flour / cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100gm apricot jam (or any jam you like)
- 10gm margarine
- Melt margarine & jam together over low fire.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and creamy with mixer until ribbon stage formed. Reduce to low speed, add in jam mixture and mix well.
- Using a balloon whisk, gradually fold in sifted flour
- Scoop batter into cupcases and fill just to the rim. Steam in preheated steamer at medium heat for 20 mins until cooked.