A pleasant looking loaf!! :)
The amount of Dulce de Leche left in fridge just nice for making this pound cake! Loves the caramel fragrant lingering in the kitchen during baking process! Seems that the Japanese Flour works well with most type of cakes! So far I've tried using this flour for making steamed cake, chiffon cake and now pound cake! what's the next experiment? muffins? genoese sponge?....
Recipe modified from All That Matters & Bakericious
- 180gm unsalted butter
- 50gm light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 180gm Japanese flour / plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- In a bowl, using an electric whisk, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in salt, vanilla essence and dulce de leche, whisk till incorporated.
- Sift over flour & baking powder. whisk on low speed. Scrap down the sides and whisk till the batter is smooth and not lumpy.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined 9" x 5" loaf pan and bake at 160 deg cel for 50 mins.