Trying to be adventurous & luckily did not turn out disastrous hahaha...I found a banana chiffon and subsitute some of the sugar with homemade Dulce De Leche I've made few days back, and plain flour with Japanese Flour! The texture I've got nothing to pick on as it is soft & fluffy, like biting onto a piece of cotton :P, but the taste of Dulce De Leche is untraceable, still it is ok to me as the banana flavour is there! hahaha, trying to comfort myself :P
first time took a pic on the stiff egg white :) see... so stiff it did not drop from the overturned bowl!
- 6 egg yolks
- 60ml corn oil
- 100gm Dulce De Leche
- 160gm banana, mashed
- 120gm Japanese Flour, sifted
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 50gm sugar
- Whisk egg yolks, corn oil, Dulce De Leche & banana till smooth. Fold in flour till batter forms.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually beat in sugar on high speed in 3 additions till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into batter. Mix evenly. Pour the batter into the balance egg white foam and fold in gently till combined.
- Pour into ungreased 9 inch tube pan and tap the pan on hard surface to release excess trap air bubbles and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40 mins. Invert immediately to cool completely before removing from pan.