Saturday, September 11, 2010

Princess Food Diary 2

2 days ago started to introduce cooked porridge for my 33 weeks old girl. I've started by cooking some sweet corn and freezed into individual portion of 400ml each till use. On the day itself I just bring out a tub and throw into a pot and cook with the rice. To speed up the process of cooking, I even soaked the brown rice over the night and then grind it before cooking.

But who knows... when the mixture starts to boil, I've to stand in front of the stove and constantly stir it to prevent it from sticking to the pot! Now I know why my girl rejected the 1st porridge I've given her ><..is too grainy and not smooth enough as I did not cook the porridge long enough!! So when the 2nd time I cooked the porridge, I falls back to my usual method of cooking baby porridge, that is cooked the rice till soft and then blend till smooth! Moreover I do not need to stand in front of the stove to monitor the cooking process and is faster too :)

As commercial cereal is sweeter, she needs some more time to acquire the new taste of porridge which is more bland. Though slow in feeding porridge but still manage to complete the 1/2 cup serving :)

I guess every mother has her own way of cooking baby porridge, some first time mum even clueless on how to prepare it! I will share my way of preparing it, since 3 yrs I've not done this so hahaha... hope my steps does not sound daunting to you :)

White Rice + Sweet Corn Stock + Ikan Bilis Powder + Wild Yam + Pumpkin

Makes 2 servings (depending on individual baby's appetite)
  • 400ml water/stock
  • 2 heaps spoonful of washed white rice (preferably soaked before 1 day)
  • 1 heap tsp ikan bilis powder
  • 3 cubes wild yam puree
  • 1 cube pumpkin puree
Method
  1. Bring water to boil. Add in rice & ikan bilis powder.
  2. Cook on medium low heat, stirring occasionally till porridge is soft. (takes about 15 mins)
  3. Stir in puree till evenly mix. At this step you can add in some more hot water/stock if you find the porridge is too thick. Remove from fire.
  4. Cool down slightly. Place porridge into a cleaned food processor. Blend till fine.
  5. Return mixture and bring to simmer for 1 min stirring constantly. Transfer porridge into a thermal food jar.
  6. When near feeding time, take out a serving and cool down slightly before feeding. Discard any balanced after feeding.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails