Almost burnt the base crust, luckily in time to salvage it :) Though mine does not look as appealing as Evan's Kitchen ones, but it still taste as lovely :) Love this sweet & sourness of this lemon bars , yummy!
Recipe adapted from Evan's Kitchen
for the crust :
- 110gm unsalted butter
- 50gm sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 110gm plain flour
for the lemon topping :
- 200gm sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup strained fresh lemon juice
- icing sugar, for dusting
- For the crust, melt butter in medium saucepan. remove from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla, and salt. add the flour and mix just until incorporated. press the dough evenly over the bottom of a lined 8-inch square pan. bake in a preheated oven of 180 deg c for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crust is well browned at the edges and lightly browned in center.
- For the lemon topping, stir together the sugar and flour in a medium bowl until well mixed. whisk in the eggs. stir in the lemon zest and juice. when crust is ready, turn the oven down to 150 deg c and pour in the filling. bake for 20-30 mins until topping is puffed at the edges and no longer jiggles in the center. set on a rack and cool completely in pan.
- When cool, transfer to cutting board and cut into 16 bars or desired size. sieve icing sugar over bars just before serving.