Rosti - Swedish Potato Cake, as good as Marche Restaurant version and moreover inexpensive & simple to prepare at home too! :)
Serve with grilled cheese sausage & mayonnaiseIngredient
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- Cook potatoes in boiling for 10mins. Cool down. Remove skin and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in pan, pan fry onion till soft. Cool slightly.
- Combine onions with grated potatoes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Melt butter in a pan. Spread potatoes mixture evenly over the pan. Pan fry for 6mins until golden brown. Cover the frying pan with a plate larger than the circumference of the pan, flip the patty over the plate. Slide the patty into the frying again and fry till golden brown on the other side. Serve with mayonnaise, mustard or ketchup.