Been searching high & low for red bean paste in the supermarket but unavailable...not choice but to subsitute with raisins instead :) While I was sifting the flour & green tea powder into the mixing bowl, then realise the flour already contained sugar! Therefore I omitted the sugar from the recipe..I filled the cups with batter almost to the rim and I've read somewhere to make the 'huat kueh' open nicely, use a greased knife to run over the surface! The result....all the 6 steamed cake really raised & opened very beautifully!
- 250gm steamed cake powder
- 10gm green tea powder
- 150ml water
- 100gm sugar* (omit this if cake powder already included sugar)
- raisins (optional)
- Sift steamed cake powder & green powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add in water & sugar* and beat with a electric whisk until smooth. Rest for 20mins.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups until almost full. Dip a knife in some oil. Cross-section the surface of each cup. (this will ensure the steamed cake will split nicely).
- Steamed over boiling water for 20mins.