- 175gm self-raising flour, sifted
- 175gm unsalted butter, softened
- 150gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- berry jam
- Place all ingredient except jam in a mixing bowl. Using a electric whisk, beat on high speed for 3 mins until smooth & fluffy.
- Spoon batter into a lined base 8" round pan and spread evenly. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10mins. Unmould can cool completely on wire rack. Slice cake into half, spread jam over.