Friday, July 2, 2010

Simple Lunch

In my childhood days, these are the typical dishes 包菜炒虾米,姜丝炒肉 which my mother prepared for our lunch!! Simple dishes served with a bowl of piping hot Teochew style porridge or called 稀饭 not 粥. Whats the different between these 2 terms? 粥 is being cooked till grains are thick & mushy whereas 稀饭 still retaining its shape and more rice liquid is retained. Yes I do remember cooking porridge/rice & stir-fry cabbage are the basic dishes which my mother started to teach me to cook when I was 11 yrs old!! Time flies and now I have my own family with 2 lovely child but my mother not around to share my joy with me....but at least I've sweet memories with her in the kitchen learning cooking skills from her :)


包菜炒虾米
Ingredient

  • 1 medium cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1/2 carrot, finely shredded
  • 50gm dried shrimps
  • 1 tbsp chopped garlic
  • light soya sauce to taste
  • dash of black pepper
Method
  1. Wash dried shrimps thoroughly. Soak in some water till softened. Reserve liquid.
  2. Heat some oil in wok. Fry softened dried shrimps till crispy & fragrant. Add garlic and fry for 1 min.
  3. Add in cabbage & carrot. Mix evenly & stir-fry on high heat. Add reserved liquid & season to taste (adjust taste accordingly as dried shrimps are salty). Simmer till cabbage is soft. Serve.

姜丝炒肉片
Ingredient
  • 200gm pork fillet, thinly sliced
  • 3 tbsp thinly sliced ginger
  • 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp light soya sauce
  • 1 tsp dark soya sauce
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp cornflour
Method
  1. Marinate pork fillet with seasoning for at least 30mins.
  2. Heat some oil in pan. Saute ginger till fragrant & crispy. Add in garlic and mix evenly.
  3. Add in marinated pork fillet and mix evenly. Add in a tbsp of water and add additional 1 tsp of light soya sauce to taste (adjust accordingly). Serve.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails