A common recipe shared among fellow bloggers! I tweaked the recipe slightly by using self-raising flour instead of plain flour. As I'm lazy to extract 2 tsp of lemon juice, so I replaced with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar instead!
extra batter filled into a hello kitty silicon mould...always could not brown the cakes evenly when using siliconware, but in this case, I'm glad the kitty face is not 'blackened' ^-^
Recipes adapted from here 1, 2, 3...
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup sugar
150gm plain yogurt
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Grease the donut pan with butter and set aside.
- Combine ingredient (A) in a large bowl.
- Combine ingredient (B) in another bowl and beat lightly until well combined (creamier).
- Add ingredient (B) into (A) by folding in until the batter is smooth.
- Place the toppings at the bottom (if any).
- Transfer batter into a piping bag and pipe batter into the greased pans.
- Don’t overfill them as the batter will expand during baking. Only fill until ½ full if you want to see a donut hole.
- Bake at 180°C for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Test with a toothpick. It should come out clean when inserted near the center of the donut.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5 mins. Then remove donuts from pans and cool on wire rack.