After this batch of successful bread making without using any yeast, it motivates me to make more bread in the future !! :) great aromatic of the bread during the baking process too! The dough can also be rolled into flat disc to make a pizza base. This recipe really saves a lot of time as no proofing is needed and though not as fluffy as normal yeast bread but is still soft.
Basic Yeast-Free Bread Dough
Ingredient (makes about 13 small rolls)
- 350gm plain flour
- 12gm baking powder
- 20gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80gm egg, lightly beaten
- 125gm natural yoghurt (use Pauls brand)
- 80gm fresh cream (I used Bulla Pure Cream)
- some beaten egg yolks for brushing the surface (optional)
- Sift plain flour & baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar & salt. Make a well in the centre of the bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well. With a scraper, mix in flour gradually into the wet ingredients.
- When a dough is almost form, knead the dough till smooth. The dough should not be sticky to the hands.
- Divide dough into 50gm each and wrap with fillings of your preferance.
- Baked in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15 mins or until golden brown.