Fresh Chinese Wild Yam (鲜淮山, 山药) is low in calories and is believed to have anti-aging properties and other health benefits like lower blood pressure/blood sugar and improve digestive system. When peeling off this root vegetable, it is advisable to wear a hand glove as it can cause itchiness to the skin.
- 400gm fresh wild yam (淮山)
- 70gm carrot, coarsely grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel and coarsely grate wild yam. (wear a hand gloves to prevent itchiness).
- Mix all ingredients together and mix evenly.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a shallow frying pan, spread mixture over the pan and pan-fried for 5 mins, flip over and cook till golden brown.