One of my perfect bakes! ^-^ the chiffon stands tall and looks pretty after unmoulding..no broken pieces here and there..the taste is rich and chocolaty as commented by my hubby :)
- 70gm dark chocolate
- 150ml milk
- 60ml corn oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp chocolate emulco
- 110gm plain flour
- 20gm cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 100gm sugar
- Melt chocolate and milk over a pan of simmering water. Cool. Whisk melted chocolate, oil, egg yolks and chocolate emulco in a mixing bowl.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Fold into step (1).
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually beat in sugar in 3 batches on high speed till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into batter. Mix evenly. Pour the batter into the balance egg white foam and fold in gently till combined.
- Pour into ungreased 9inch tube pan. Tap the pan on hard surface to release excess trap air bubbles and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40 mins. Invert immediately to cool completely before removing from pan.