- 100gm unsalted butter
- 100gm shortening
- 200gm -300 gm icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- colouring paste
- Sift icing sugar. Beat butter & shortening together. Add vanilla essence and mix evenly.
- Add icing sugar gradually (add 100gm each time to reach the consistency require, u may not need to use all the icing sugar) and beat till smooth & fluffy.
- Using a toothpick, add a little colour paste to appropriate amount of plain buttercream and mix evenly with a small spatula.
- Use immediately or chill in fridge in air-tight container. Can be kept in fridge for 2 weeks.