A vegetable that you either like it or hate it! But I loves broccoli especially stir-frying them ^-^ Never thought broccoli can be used as an ingredient in baking cakes, happen to find out this recipe in my newly recipe book, very eager to try it out :) as usual I have reduced the sugar tremendously to suit my tastebud!
This pound cake did not fail me...hahaha...nice buttery & unique taste cos of the broccoli added!
Broccoli Pound Cake
* 275gm unsalted butter
* 8gm sponge gel
* 120gm icing sugar, sifted
* 3gm salt
* 5 eggs, lightly beaten (use 60gm eggs)
* 275gm cake flour
* 3gm baking powder
* 30gm milk
* 90gm broccoli, finely chopped
* 30gm dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Sift flour & baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a electrical whisk, cream butter for 1 min on high speed. Add sponge gel, icing sugar & salt. Beat on high for 3 mins till mixture increase in volume & turns pale white.
- Add beaten eggs gradually until evenly combined.
- Add sifted flour and beat till evenly mixed. Add in milk. Mixture will be creamy & fluffy.
- Fold in broccoli & dried tomatoes.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 50-60mins. Cover lightly with foil if surface starts to brown too fast after 35-40mins. Continue to bake till skewer inserted comes out clean. Rest cake in pan for 10mins before cooling completely on rack.