With the help of my friend, finally manage to video the process of making a simple sponge cake :D so fun editing the video using Window Movie Maker! pardon me for my amateur video editing...
Cool on rack with top side down
- 4 eggs
- 130gm castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110gm cake flour
- 30gm corn flour
- 30gm corn oil
- 30gm milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside. Grease and lined a 8inch square tin, set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar & salt on high speed for about 8 mins until the batter double in volume and is ribbon-like. Turn to low speed and whisk for another 1 to 2 to stabilise the air bubbles in the batter.
- Fold in sifted flour into the batter in batches until well blended.
- With a spatula, mix about 1/3 of the batter with the corn oil in a separate bowl. Fold in this mixture into the remaining batter. This method will help to ensure the oil will be fully blended and at the same time will not deflate the batter.
- Add in fresh milk and vanilla essence and fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into a 8" round pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Unmould and invert cake on rack to cool completely.