Quite similar to lemon curd but different in cooking method. This passionfruit curd uses double-boiling cooking method instead of cooking on direct heat. During the cooking process the curd seems to be more diluted than the lemon curd, but after chilling the curd set nicely :)
- 80gm unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup passionfruit, pulp (abt 4 fruits)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, strained
- 2 lemon zests
- Strain beaten eggs into a stainless steel bowl. Add butter, sugar, pulp & lemon juice.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Lower heat. Place the bowl of mixture over the pot. Stir the mixture. It is fine if mixture curdles.
- Stirring constantly until mixture thickens for about 15mins. It is ready when the curd coats thickly at the back of the wooden spoon and leave a clean trail when finger goes along the spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zests. Transfer to warm & sterilise bottles.
- Cool & chill in fridge.