As usual to save time, I've make the custard beforehand and store in air-tight container and chill. Next morning I just prepare the pancakes batter and serve with the custard.
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 6 tsp custard powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 orange zest
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 50gm butter, melted
- Whisk eggs, custard powder, sugar and zests in a bowl. Heat milk until boil. Gradually whisk in hot milk into the egg mixture. Return all the mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat until mixture boils & thickens.
- Remove from heat. Cover the surface with plastic wrap, cool. (to prevent skin from forming).
- Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl, make a well in the centre.
- Add eggs, milk, orange zest & juice and whisk until all liquid in incorporated and batter is free of lumps.
- Add in melted butter and mix evenly. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 20mins.
- Lightly grease a heated frying pan with some butter. Ladle in 5-6 tbsp batter, swirl to coat and cook until underside is golden. Turn pancake over, cook the other side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Spoon 3-4 tbsp of custard on each pancakes and fold.
- Serve with extra orange segments & icing sugar.