To save time, I soak the beans and steamed it yesterday night and then store in fridge. It takes less than 10mins to get it done and ready to eat in the next morning :D Every mouthful is full of beans unlike those selling outside whereby only get to eat the gluey starch instead of the beans :P
- 300 gm skinned green beans
- 10 pandan leaves, knotted (i used thin blades)
- 125 gm brown sugar (as usual i have reduced the sugar content!)
- 2000 ml water
- 80gm potato flour
- 125ml water
- Rinse green skins until water is cleared. Soak for 1 hour. Place some cut pandan leaves on a plate, place soaked green beans over the pandan leaves. Steam over boiling water for 30mins until soft. Set aside.
- Boil the pandan leaves and the sugar with 2000 ml water. Blend the sweet potato flour with 125 ml water.
- When the sugar water boils, lower the heat and stir in the flour mixture gradually, stirring at the same time.
- Add in the soft green beans and stirring thoroughly. Serve hot with 'you tiao'.
- Note: Keep warm in a slow cook pot or rice cooker under warm setting, as it will turn watery if leave in room temp!